- Upcoming Event! Meet the Coalition of Sustainable Perfumery team on Saturday, April 24th at 10AM PST!
- Kelly will be speaking about Aromatic Resins: Threats and Therapeutics at the 15th International Herb Symposium – June 2021. Register today!
- Kelly will be speaking about ‘Essential Oil Bearing-Plants in Peril: Preserving an Aromatic Future’ at Aromatica – June 2021. Register today!
- Kelly will be speaking about plant conservation genetics at NAHA/IFPA’s Beyond Aromatics IV Conference – June 2021. Register today!
- The Airmid Institute was accepted into the ESRI Nonprofit Organization Program!The team is looking forward to implementing GIS tools to help protect endangered essential oil-bearing plants.
- Airmid’s quarterly Green Telegram no. 3 is now available to its members! To become a member of Airmid, please visit here.
- To automatically receive the January 1 2021 – June 30, 2021 Biannual List of Threatened, Near Threatened, and CITES-Protected Plant and Animal Species Used in Aromatherapy and Perfumery, please click here.
- Educational materials on aromatherapy and conservation have been translated into Shipibo for integration into school curriculum in central Peru.
- Our collaborative efforts have paid off! Enfleurage will no longer be selling rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora) oil, or using it in any of their blends. Their source was unable to provide authentic documents (i.e. CITES permit) ensuring ethical sourcing and legal trade of the oil. Thank you, Enfleurage for demonstrating your commitment to ethically-sourced oils and helping to protect endangered essential oil-bearing plants. Read more here
- Kelly will return to Peru in 2021 if it is safe to do so to continue her work on the endangered essential oil-bearing tree (Aniba rosaeodora).
- Laboratoire PhytoChemia and Dr. Kelly Ablard will be collaborating on a research project to explore adulteration of rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora) essential oil (read more here). If you have rosewood essential oil, and would like to participate, please contact Dr. Ablard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly M. Ablard is a writer, instructor, independent researcher, certified aromatherapist, and she holds a Doctorate in Biology. Her work has taken her worldwide where she has learned about medicinal uses of plants and the vital role that chemical communication plays in the natural world. She was the first to create an educational program on urban sustainable agriculture in downtown Vancouver, B.C., and is the founder of the VCC Urban Apothecary Learning Garden, a community-built garden of 50+ aromatic medicinal plants designed to support education about aromatherapy, the chemistry of aromatic medicinal plants, and for learning about the many uses of traditional medicine. Read more about Kelly here.